Saturday, July 22, 2006

Sleep is an activity ??


If one sleeps for 8 hours a day, he or she would have slept a third of their life. If one were capable of stretching their existence to a century then they would have slept roughly thirty-three years of their lives or if 60 years were more a real figure for you, you would have slept for twenty years.

Sleep is a top priority for me. I was wondering if it qualifies as an activity? Since I’m the one who can define what is an activity, I think it is an activity because it is time consuming, it gives me satisfaction and dreams provide me a lot of entertainment. Sleeping is at the moment one of my two favorite things, eating being the other. As kid I have done my share of 8-9 hour sleep days. And was more than willing to hit the sack as soon as I finish dinner. And then I grew up a little and gone are those days that I used to sleep for long hours. And I was never accustomed to afternoon naps. I actually disliked afternoon naps. Because everyone else would be sleeping and I wouldn’t find anything or anyone to irritate and off course I would have slept more than my share during the night, that if I would catch a ‘quick afternoon nap’ I would be looking at sleeping half my life! And surprisingly I am a morning person, I was on of the first to get up in my family and maybe still am.

But of late, I have been sleeping so much that I get confused as to what time of the day it is. I’ve missed dinner twice as a result of me sleeping in the evening and where I stay the mess closes at 9 and I have no other alternative!! Yesterday after my test and classes I go to the library and sit down to read up for the next day’s test and I was bored in an hour’s time and was a little sleepy so I come back to the room and go online for sometime and was asleep by 4 in the evening and woke up around 6 or 7 and thought 5 more minutes and the by the time I woke again it was 9 and as a result I had to miss out on my favorite chicken curry! And anyways I got to reading and was laying on the bed and fell asleep while reading and woke suddenly and checked the time and it was 11:37 and I thought what the hell, sleep and get up early tomorrow morning and the ‘early’ bit did not happen. And therefore I love to sleep and in a study conducted on sloth’s it was concluded they are very lazy and sleep roughly 20 hours a day. Yes, I want to be a sloth and am half way there already. And in part two it try to talk about the dreams that my minds shows me, which are quite entertaining, fit enough to be on TV.

No comments: