Saturday, July 08, 2006

of joblessness and boredom and my horrible spellings

One of the primary reasons I created this blog is to fill those parts in my life where I can complain and talk about how I have nothing much to do.

At the outset i would like to state that i'm a bad typer and a bad proof-reader. You might and propably will identify find many mistakes, may it be with my spellings or the grammer, and quite a few words missing (by the time i type, my thoughts would have moved on and i would just forget to type some words) though it is not intended it never the less happens and my repeated attempts to rectify it have failed, so plz no comments about the spellings and grammer.

On the subject.....i've always had problems with spellings, the other day when I was writing something down and wanted to write 'first', i wrote the word down and looked at it, though it was the correct spelling, i thought it looked 'weird' and was confused and consulted my neighbour, (AI) and pushed the book to her and asked her to take a look and she was like "what are we looking at ?" and i said " 'first' is that how you spell it", she smiles and answers "yes, thats right" and i have another look at what i wrote. hmm.... 'first'...looked like 'frist'. And last night I was putting down a reminder to wash clothes and wrote down 'wash cloth....' and was wondering what are the letters that follow, was it 'es' and just 's' that would complete the word. I wrote 'clothes' and though the letter 'e' didnt belong there and erased it and wrote the word again, this time without 'e' - 'cloths' and clearly 'e' seemed to be the letter missing, again i asked another friend(KR) of mine and he has been subject to my awful spelling said he would not help me and i have to start spelling words properly and said "take a look at the word and what do u think?", now if i could rely on my feelings and get the right one, but my 'thinking' has let me down before and I would have started to look in a dictionary, but he finally answered 'Please add an 'e' ".

How is who ???
The two words that i get most confused with are 'how' and 'who', I have lost count of the number of times that I might have used them in place of the other. Though asking a stranger "how are u?" does not have much of a consequence, "Who are u?" (instead of how are u) to a friend or a family can cause some excitiment. I had briefly used email as my primary source of communication and would start a mail "Hi X, who are u ?" instead of 'how', followed by a lenglty mail (i have a habit of writing long mails that dont say much!!!) though in mails i'm forgiven and does come up as a joke when we meet the next time, but it is not that funy when I commit the same mistake during a chat, after the 'hi's and hello's" i would enquire (mostly for courtsey's sake) but I would type 'who are u?' and immediate reply would come saying "i'm so and so, u idiot!!', but only me asking "who are u doing?" would turn to be funnier, my intentions would be to ask how that person was doing, but sadly and funnyly enough "who are u doing?" is meet with some funny replies. And hence my spellings are bad and i try to get them right, but my mind doesnt pick the mistake some times, so plz excuse me for the future times where u might read "how" for "who" and so on.

No comments: